The Benefits of Pheasant Meat for Dogs
Is Pheasant Meat Good for Dogs?
Yes, pheasant is a great protein option for dogs
What Are the Benefits of Pheasant for Dogs?
High in Vitamins and Minerals
The first thing that comes to mind when we think about any type of meat is the protein content. This is true whether we are considering meat options for ourselves or our dogs. But we can't overlook the other benefits of pheasant meat such as the vitamins and minerals when we are deciding what to feed man's best friend.
What vitamins and minerals are we talking about and why are they important to dogs?
- B Vitamins: helps regulate metabolism and hormones
- Vitamin C: antioxidant that reduces inflammation
- Vitamin A: supports vision in dogs
- Vitamin E: important for eyes, muscles and reproductive organs
- Potassium: helps with muscle and nerve function
- Omega 3: used to treat arthritis in dogs, kidney disease, and helps with brain development
- Zinc: builds immunity
- Selenium: aids in disease prevention and fertility
- Antioxidants: provides a healthy skin and coat
And these are just the start of the list!
Benefits of Protein Rotation
Pheasant meat is considered a lean protein, so in order to keep your pup of any age in top shape, protein rotation is highly recommended. This will ensure they are getting a variety of amino acids for overall health.
What Meat Is Good For Dogs?
Readily available proteins such as turkey, pork, fish, venison, lamb and beef are excellent choices!