Frequently Asked Questions
Take a look at our most frequently asked questions. If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to us directly at email@example.com.
Yes! You can take advantage of discounts we offer by any of the following methods.
- Subscribe to our email list to be alerted of exclusive offers and sales we are running.
- Follow us on social media to get updates on our promotions.
- Join our Pure Perks program to earn rewards on orders and referrals and earn extra points for your birthday, leaving reviews, sharing posts with friends, and more.
Yes. Our online store offers free local pickup as an option for those living in Wisconsin or Illinois. You can purchase online and choose local pickup or you can simply stop into our farm store during regular business hours to shop in person.
Janesville, WI 53546
Our pheasants are free-roaming (so they eat bugs from the earth) and they are fed a non-GMO diet. All of our birds are raised at MacFarlane Pheasants in Janesville, WI.
We completely understand your reservations about the high shipping costs. We’re continually working to lower our shipping costs and pass along our negotiated rates to our customers. However, shipping frozen items is costly and we are passionate about keeping our product prices low and not working shipping costs into the products.
With this in mind, we’re working on expanding our presence in local retailers across the country. You can take a look at a list of our local retailers here https://www.purepheasant.com/pages/find-a-retailer to see if there’s a store near you that carries Pure Pheasant. If there aren't any retailers near you, we’d love to reach out to a store in your area. Feel free to message us any suggestions of stores or the area you’re located in and we’ll work to reach out to locations near you.
It can also help to understand our shipping process a little more. Here are a few tips:
- Freeze-dried orders (with no frozen items included) generally have lower shipping rates since dry ice and coolers are not needed.
- We ship all packages via UPS. UPS mainly considers the number of packages and the weight in their pricing. We can fit up to 6 frozen items into one package when shipping. So if you're ordering 7 frozen items for example, you may want to consider either adding a few more frozen items to your order, or lowering your order to 6 to make shipping more economical.
All orders will be shipped via UPS from our farm in Wisconsin. UPS Ground shipments generally take between 1-4 days to arrive based on location. Please be aware that we can not guarantee product and shipping if UPS Ground was selected as your shipping option.
Raw pheasant meat orders will only be shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays each week. Raw meat packages will be shipped in a cooler with dry ice and will arrive cool and safe for pet consumption if delivered within 2-3 days of shipment. We do not guarantee that product will be frozen upon arrival but as long as the product is still cool to the touch, it is safe for your pet's consumption.